• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cooking time: 10 minutes
The trick with a stir fry is to cook the meat in small batches. If too much goes into the wok at once, the temperature will drop too much and the meat will stew rather than frying
• 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
• 500g lamb backstrap, very finely sliced
• 3cm piece ginger, grated
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 200g snow peas, tailed
• ½ bunch shallots, white and pale green parts only cut into 3cm pieces
• ¼ cup hoi sin sauce
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a very hot non-stick wok and stir fry about ¼ of the lamb. Remove from the wok and set aside. Repeat with remaining lamb.
2. Lower the heat to medium and in 1 teaspoon oil, stir fry the garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds, before adding the snow peas and shallots. Stir fry for a further minute.
3. Return the lamb to the wok and add the hoi sin sauce, soy sauce and 2 tablespoons water. Stir to combine. Serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice.
To slice the lamb as finely as possible, place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until it is firm but not frozen. Allow to come back to room temperature before stir frying.
More Lamb Recipes
Serves 6-8 • Prep time: 5 minutes • Cooking time: 1.5 hours
Makes 4 pies • Prep time: 15 minutes • Cooking time: 6-8 hours
Serves 4 • Prep time: 10 minutes • Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves 4 • Prep time: 20 minutes • Cooking time: 2 hours 20 minutes