October is breast cancer awareness month, which means it’s a great time to raise some funds for the McGrath Foundation by hosting your very own high tea. It’s a simple as registering, and you will be sent a beautiful high tea kit valued at $150, with everything you need to host a high tea.
– A limited edition Host Your Own High Tea book
– An exclusive linen tea towel designed by Ink and Weave
– A Temple Tea Co® tin
– Twenty invitations, placecards, serviettes and pink patty cake cases
– A pack of hot pink edible sprinkles
– Three pink lanterns and a donation box
There are loads of styling ideas and inspiration on McGrath’s High Tea page, including tips from Ita Buttrose, Eamon Sullivan, and myself, among others.
I support the McGrath Foundation because I believe every woman facing breast cancer, should have access to the care and support of a wonderful McGrath breast care nurse. Hosting a high tea is not only an excuse to get together with friends, it’s a great way to raise funds for this wonderful organisation.
Here are some of my favourite tips for throwing an elegant high tea.
– Make your own tiered stands with some plates and little glasses from an op-shop. Glue them together with some Tarzan’s grip.
– Mismatched teacups and linen napkins add a quirky elegance.
– See if your local florist has some overblown (almost at the end of their life) roses – you might get a discount and they look beautiful.
– A selection of teas is nice – the choice of some bubbly is even nicer!
– I like to provide a mixture of savoury and sweet treats.
– Choose music that you love to add atmosphere.
Happy high tea, everybody!