Makes 1 slice (12 pieces)
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cooking time: 35 minutes
Zucchini slice is ridiculously easy to make, and it’s really tasty and versatile too. It’s great hot or cold, which means it’s perfect for school lunches or afternoon tea.
• 2 zucchini, grated
• 1 large onion finely chopped
• 3 rashers bacon finely chopped
• 1 cup tasty cheese grated
• 1 cup self-raising flour
• ½ cup of oil
• 5 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a non-stick lamington tin.
2. Combine zucchini, onion, bacon, flour and cheese in a large bowl. Add oil and lightly beaten eggs, and mix. Season with a little salt and pepper. Pour into lamington tin.
3. Bake for 35-40 mins until golden and set. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.
Note: the vegetables can be substituted or added to – try corn kernels, grated carrot, shallots, shredded beans, and leave out the bacon for a vegetarian version.